Solved

User Roles: How to create a user role for access to a specific location/function e.g. Access to 'France' or to 'Finance' only.

• 27 March 2023
  • 5 replies

Hi All - 

Can you explain if it’s possible to create user roles with location/function specific access?

I want to give the HRBP for France, access to France only, and the HRBP for Global Finance, access to Finance only. Is this possible?

Thanks
Maura

icon

Best answer by maura.whelan 28 March 2023, 16:31

View original

5 replies

@maura.whelan Good morning!

You can create a User Role which you might (for example) name "Managers France only." Using User Role setup , you can permission this role for attribute based permissions.

This should help you!
Best,

Judy

Hi Judy - I’ve created a user role and given it permissions with the attribute ‘location hierarchy’ and under ‘attributes’, I’ve selected all of the location hierarchy boxes but I don’t see anywhere where I can select ‘France’. Can you explain where I specify this?

@maura.whelan  It sounds like you may not have countries in your attributes/hierarchies. I’m putting a support ticket in for you so they can guide you through how to make this happen.

Judy

Hi Judy - Thank you but I actually resolved this issue already. See below from Brandon - the piece of the puzzle I was missing was the pencil next to the survey under each individual I wanted to give custom access to. 

Phillips_Brandon.jpg

Brandon Phillips (glint)

Mar 27, 2023, 4:01 PM CDT

Hi Maura,…...create a User Role that you want to group all of the HRBP that need custom access. One you add each person to the User Role Group, you can give each user a different access. This way you don't have to create separate individual User Role Groups for everyone….Once you create the User Role, you will need to add it to whatever survey you are setting up. Once you do this, you can then create the customization for each individual.  

1. select the user you want to customize their access. 
  2. Scroll down to the bottom and you will see the survey it has been added to. Edit by selecting the pencil icon next to the survey name. Select New Population and then select New Filter to add the attribute(s) that you want that particular user to have access to. 

Thanks @maura.whelan I will be sure to make the information clearer around granting customized access. Appreciate the nudge!
Judy