Solved

Manager Access to Response Rates

Userlevel 1

When we our surveys, we regularly have our HRBPs and Admins responding to manager requests for updates on their response rates. Is it possible to provide leaders with access to live response rates without providing live access to results? If it is not possible, would this be something considered on the roadmap?

To clarify, we have historically provided managers with phased access of their results. Our reasoning had been to avoid a direct report mentioning to their manager that they just finished the survey and then having that manager notice their score(s) went up or down, compromising confidentiality slightly (especially on smaller teams). 

icon

Best answer by Glint_Community 14 May 2021, 18:14

View original

10 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi @dorheim,

This would be a great topic to address in a conversation with your CSM. I’ll share your question with them so you can discuss this further.

Thanks,

Ellen

Userlevel 7
Badge

Hi @dorheim - I have heard from clients in roundtables that they set the expectation with their managers that they will not be sharing response rates during the survey window because they want the survey responses to be driven by employees’ interest in giving their feedback, versus by competition or manager pressure, and it also takes them (the admins) out of the business of constantly looking up response rates. This is Glint’s perspective as well which is why we don’t make response rate viewable to managers - you can hear it stated much more eloquently in this overview of response rates: 

Userlevel 1

Thanks @bcolver !

Userlevel 3

While I understand Glint’s perspective, it would be a very useful capability to include to give companies the option. We still have demand for response rates while the survey is live so our admin team spends a lot of time pulling and cleaning data extracts.

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi @dorheim - I have heard from clients in roundtables that they set the expectation with their managers that they will not be sharing response rates during the survey window because they want the survey responses to be driven by employees’ interest in giving their feedback, versus by competition or manager pressure, and it also takes them (the admins) out of the business of constantly looking up response rates. This is Glint’s perspective as well which is why we don’t make response rate viewable to managers - you can hear it stated much more eloquently in this overview of response rates: 

I fully support Glint’s position on response rates and would love to get away from having to provide frequent updates, but I’ll share that in our most recent survey in May I put out a schedule of when I would be sharing updates on response rates ( 4 specific dates within our 15 day survey window).  I still ended up providing updates nearly every single day and towards the end of the window it was multiple times per day!  The leaders don’t listen and I’m not in a position where I can push back very much. :/

Userlevel 3

I 100% agree @Brandon.S - this would save me SO much time!

Userlevel 2
Badge

I fully support Glint’s position on response rates and would love to get away from having to provide frequent updates, but I’ll share that in our most recent survey in May I put out a schedule of when I would be sharing updates on response rates ( 4 specific dates within our 15 day survey window).  I still ended up providing updates nearly every single day and towards the end of the window it was multiple times per day!  The leaders don’t listen and I’m not in a position where I can push back very much. :/

I agree - although Glint’s stance is ideal, I think that having the option would be very useful.  We started out with a “no response rate” policy a couple years ago, but given the demands we’ve agreed to share rates on specific dates throughout survey administration.  It is definitely a time-consuming process that would be made easier by allowing managers to have access to response rates!

Userlevel 1

@jennifer.n.pinzon, I would imagine that once you start providing response rate reports to executives, it becomes difficult, if not impossible, to go back. That is the situation we are in today. We have historically provided response rates to our executives and now our team is forced to manually report on something that could be simply enabled as a self-service option. 

What if live response rate data could be visible at a much higher threshold? For example, if you have 10, 20 or even 50+ people under you in the hierarchy you can see the response rate and if you have less, it is suppressed. Honestly, it is more important for us to provide this information to our executives than it is the average manager. Our executives encourage participation with personalized communications, sharing their support and commitment to help associates prioritize their time and let their voices be heard.

Love @dorheim’s suggestion here. We’re in the same boat here at our company -- we’ve historically provided response rates with our platform prior to Glint, so this is a practice that they’re used to. As we scale, there are more managers asking for this, and the self-service option would save our team a ton of time! @bcolver do you foresee Glint changing its stance on this anytime in the future? 

@jennifer.n.pinzon, I would imagine that once you start providing response rate reports to executives, it becomes difficult, if not impossible, to go back. That is the situation we are in today. We have historically provided response rates to our executives and now our team is forced to manually report on something that could be simply enabled as a self-service option. 

What if live response rate data could be visible at a much higher threshold? For example, if you have 10, 20 or even 50+ people under you in the hierarchy you can see the response rate and if you have less, it is suppressed. Honestly, it is more important for us to provide this information to our executives than it is the average manager. Our executives encourage participation with personalized communications, sharing their support and commitment to help associates prioritize their time and let their voices be heard.

Userlevel 3

@bcolver 

It sounds like there is a lot of interest in this capability. Is this on Glint Product team’s roadmap? I am very interested in hearing how this will progress. Thanks!