Question

How can I completely delete a distribution list?

I am trying to thin out the distribution lists in the system as we created some that haven't been used and I cant seem to get rid of them. I click on the required list and can see the discard button but unless I make a change it wont let me click on it and still then it will only get rid of my change not the whole list itself.

Also if I added a group accidentally eg all active employees to a distribution list is there no way of removing them other than manually excluding the whole list in this case over 4 thousand names? 

3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi @chloe.gurney. I had this question not too long ago. You’ll need to request for a distribution list to be deleted with your CSM (or Glint Support). I believe this restriction is intended to be a safe guard against users mistakenly deleting active DLs. 

Hi @kroberts

Thank you for taking the time to answer! I understand the logic, do you know the answer to the second part of my question; 

‘Also if I added a group accidentally eg all active employees to a distribution list is there no way of removing them other than manually excluding the whole list in this case over 4 thousand names?’

A little more information; 

We had a DL that had 0 members while I was trying to figure out how to delete it I managed to add the whole active employee list instead and now cant get rid of them so the DL goes back to having 0 members instead of 4 thousand. 

Thanks

Chloe

Userlevel 3
Badge

@chloe.gurney - Would it work in your situation to use the “+ Add Filters” button to narrow the DL from all active employees to the specific group you’re interested in?