Question

Heat Maps - How to view 1 item score with two demographics in columns and rows

• 8 February 2021
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 3

Is there an ability to create a heatmap that compares a single survey item across two demographics in rows and columns? For example, I would like to compare only engagement scores for gender across departments in one heatmap view. Based on training, it looks like you can only view one demographic in against all survey items in rows.

Is this functionality available, and if not would it be possible to include in the future?

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge

Hi @Brandon.S - yes, you can add multiple filters.  So you can see the scores of men who work in operations in North America for example (3 filters).  Is that what you mean?

Or are you wanting to see those scores broken out?  Like a matrix chart showing the numbers for all men in the company vs all employees in operations vs all employees in NA at one time?  

If the latter, I am not sure if the heatmap can function in that way as the idea is to quickly identify areas of awareness through the color coding or “heat” which would not be possible if the three demographics weren’t taken together. You could view this sort of breakdown via different reports though if that’s what you’re after.

Userlevel 3

I am looking to create a heatmap with 2 demographic crosstabs for only 1 question (e.g., Engagement).

Please see the attachment for a visual example. This would be beneficial in comparing engagement levels for demographics across each department.

Userlevel 7
Badge

Thanks for specifying!  We don’t have a report specific to this.  I talked with one of the trainers who recommends using heat map to sort by one parameter and then filter by the other so as to do a side by side comparison.  

If this is something you’d like to see on the roadmap, please use the “Give Feedback” function in the platform (click on the ? in the upper right corner of your dashboard then Give Feedback) to request this as a future enhancement along with your use case for it.  

Hi @Glint_Community , correct. It would be great to have the possibility to have a heat map in a single question (i.e. eSat or eNPS) in which you have two variables (country x corporate level). I hope it is on the roadmap by now. Tks