Solved

When an employee transfers into a new team, does their new manager see their previous feedback?

• 27 April 2021
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 1

And (similar question) if a manager transfers to a new role do they see the previous data on their new team, and no longer have access to their old team’s data? Thanks, brains!

icon

Best answer by kroberts 27 April 2021, 17:29

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi @Julie Challinor. Glint uses a "data follows the manager" approach. If my understanding is correct, this means that if a manager moves to a different team, their most recent prior survey scores go with them. They continue to see their previous team’s data until the next survey cycle in which their new team’s feedback will display (assuming confidentiality thresholds are met). This keeps historical scores and trends recorded for managers. There are times in which it may be helpful and appropriate for the manager to have access to their new team’s data from a past survey. For example, I have had the case in which Manager A takes over Manager B’s team following Manager B’s departure from the company. In this situation, I’ve typically downloaded as a pdf the Executive Summary Report of Manager B’s most recent survey data to provide to Manager A.

To the first part of your question, I’ve found it helpful to think of each survey cycle as a snapshot in time, capturing the ratings/comments/sentiment of a team as it existed within a specific window of time (timeframe in which the survey is live).When an employee transfers into a new team, the manager will not have access to their previous feedback. That employee’s feedback remains in the aggregated results of their previous manager (plus Glint doesn’t share data in a way that would connect an individual directly to their feedback).