Question

Understanding data on Glint Well-being

• 17 August 2021
  • 1 reply

How does Glint Well-being connect with engagement? It indicates a very high impact, but what is the evidence to support this? How do we use this driver for successful change?

1 reply

Userlevel 3
Badge

I’d approach it in the same way as you tackle any other driver that has a very high impact on engagement for your people - by finding out what would make a difference to their well-being at work and taking action accordingly.

My understanding is that impact drivers are calculated by looking at how people’s scores correlate between engagement and the other questions and look for the biggest variations from your company’s norm, although I’m sure someone with better knowledge than me can put me right if my understanding is wrong or too simplistic!

So if Wellbeing is coming up as a very high impact driver for your people, it means that you can make a greater improvement to engagement by focusing on Wellbeing than you would by focusing on a lower impact driver. You can do this by reviewing the issues, concerns and suggestions they’ve raised in the comments and then discussing those with your employees, either at an enterprise level or via your managers. The best way we’ve found of improving any driver is by having a firm commitment to act from management and then by involving colleagues in finding and implementing solutions and improvements, and this is true for any of the drivers in your results.